Saturday, February 26, 2011

Charlie Sheen: I'm returning to work despite shutdown

Chuck Lorre, left, and Charlie Sheen attend the ceremony honoring Lorre with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame March 12, 2009. (Credit: Getty)

Charlie Sheen: I'm returning to work despite shutdown

Chuck Lorre, left, and Charlie Sheen attend the ceremony honoring Lorre with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame March 12, 2009. (Credit: Getty)

(CBS) In the continuing saga that is Charlie Sheen, the actor tells "Good Morning America" that he'll show up for work even though CBS pulled the plug on production for "Two and Half Men" for the rest of the season.


In recent interviews, Sheen has claimed that he's completely clean after entering rehab in his home.


Sheen communicated with "GMA" Friday via text message, in which he called show co-creator Chuck Lorre a "loser" and a "clown."


"Two and a Half Men" has been on hiatus since Sheen ended up in the hospital in January. After a rant-filled interview with Alex Jones on Thursday, CBS and Warner Bros. Television halted production of the series for the rest of the season.


Sheen hasn't said specifically why Lorre has been at the receiving end of the actor's vitriol in the past couple days, but there's speculation that it has something to do with a vanity card that aired at the end of the Feb. 14 episode of "Two and a Half Men."


Lorre uses the space to air his opinion on a multitude of topics. The card after that episode reads, "I exercise regularly. I eat moderate amounts of healthy food. I make sure to get plenty of rest. I see my doctor once a year and my dentist twice a year. I floss every night. I've had chest x-rays, cardio stress tests, EKG's and colonoscopies. I see a psychologist and have a variety of hobbies to reduce stress. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't have crazy, reckless sex with strangers.


"If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really pissed."


Lorre has since stopped writing personal messages on the vanity cards and replaced his notes with pictures of his body parts, including his elbow and a knuckle.